Ultimate Ice HD Pro • Files: 715 • Zip File Size: 1.03GB • Price: $75.00 US
Ultimate Ice HD Professional Sound Effects Library contains a whopping 715 cracks, impacts, scrapes, rubs, tension and icicle debris sounds. Recorded at 24-Bit 96kHz and over 4 freaking cold North Idaho winters in the making this new professional sound library will give you the chills.
Ice has tons of character depending on how cold the environment is. It can sound brittle, crunchy, solid, wet and like glass. It has many uses in audio production for video games, film and television but is most useful for keeping your beer cold.
As a naturally occurring crystalline inorganic solid with an ordered structure, ice is considered a mineral. It possesses a regular crystalline structure based on the molecule of water, which consists of a single oxygen atom covalently bonded to two hydrogen atoms, or H-O-H. However, many of the physical properties of water and ice are controlled by the formation of hydrogen bonds between adjacent oxygen and hydrogen atoms. It is a weak bond, but is critical in controlling the structure of both water and ice.
Ice is one of the sound sources I’ve used the most in the video games I’ve worked on. Whether it was for magic spells, fantasy weapons, impacts, or ice caves, I never had enough ice source material. After spending years trying to design fresh, new ice-based sound effects using the same old library sounds (and man, sometimes it was not easy), I decided it was time to create my own personal collection.
I started recording ice soon after I moved to North Idaho in 1997. Living up here in the middle of nowhere gives me the ability to record lots of ice and snow. We have six very long months of winter so I am always at the ready to run outside very early in the morning to record the latest overnight ice formations (even in my bathrobe if I have to).
The ice in this collection represents my latest recordings at 24-Bit 96kHz. I hope you find these sounds as useful in your audio design as I have.
Contains the following source and actions:
- Puddles, drainage ponds, solid blocks, melting snow banks, icicles, ice sheets.
- Cracked, hit, dragged, dropped, smashed, crushed, rubbed, scraped, scooped, handled.
Sound Devices 702 – Sanken CSS-5 – Sony PCM-D1 – Coffee – Warm Boots – Warm Gloves – Carhart Jacket
Partial sound description list – this Sound File List PDF link has the complete list:
- Ice Block: Large Block Of Ice Dropped On Wood Surface
- Ice Block: Large Block Of Ice Slide On Wood Surface, Heavy Ice And Wood Scrape
- Ice Break: Frozen Puddle: Short Ice Crack
- Ice Break: Icicles Shatter And Fall To Ground
- Ice Break: Large Ice Break, With Heavy Snap And Water Movement
- Ice Break: Large Ice Creak And Break, Squeaking Tension Rubs
- Ice Bucket, Metal: Ice Movement Large Metal Bucket
- Ice Chunk: Break, Crash, Large Piece Of Ice Breaks Apart
- Ice Chunk: Break, Crash, Medium Ice Chunk Impact, Smash
- Ice Chunk: Break, Crash, Small Piece Of Ice Breaks Apart
- Ice Chunk: Dropped Onto Ice, Small
- Ice Chunk: Heavy Piece Of Ice Movement, Impact
- Ice Chunk: Impact, Solid Piece Of Ice Impact And Slide
- Ice Chunk: Movement, Scrape, Large Piece Of Ice
- Ice Crack: Brittle Ice Crack, Small
- Ice Crack: Crunchy Ice Break Apart
- Ice Crack: Large Ice Crack, Soft Pressure Cracks
- Ice Crack: Medium Ice Crack, Break
- Ice Crack: Ripping, Brittle Ice Crack
- Ice Crack: Small Ice Puddle Crack, Some Crunchy Debris
- Ice Crack: Small Puddle Crack, Very Cold, Brittle
- Ice Crack: Thin Ice Tension Pressure, Slight Cracking
- Ice Crystals: Ice Freezing, Slight Cracking, Scraping, Hardening
- Ice Debris: Small And Medium Pieces Of Ice Debris Dropped
- Ice Impact: Ice Hit With Pick Ax
- Ice Impact: Large Chunk Of Ice Impact, Crash, Smash
- Ice Kick: Debris Pieces Kicked, Shatter
- Ice Movement: Large Chunk Of Ice Slide And Impact With Debris
- Ice Scrape: Solid Piece Of Ice Slide Across Ice
- Ice Slush: Wet Ice Puddle Scrape, Slide
- Ice Stab: Ice Stab With Metal Shovel
ICE RECORDING BLOG POSTS
Once you complete your transaction the file(s) will be available for download. Check your email that you used for the transaction for a secure download link. If there is any problems call or email us for an immediate response.
Because the TheRecordist.com Web site offers its users the opportunity to audition a SoundBox before a purchase is made, all transactions conducted at TheRecordist.com are considered final sales. Please make your license purchasing decisions carefully, because once you have obtained download access to any of our digital sound effects, we are unable to cancel your license or issue a refund for your purchase.
This work is made and sold under license. By accepting this work, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Your use of this work is limited and restricted solely for the purpose of synchronizing recordings there from in timed relation with films, training or marketing presentations, radio and television presentations or commercials, and any other multimedia, audiovisual or computer generated displays, programs or presentations. Neither you nor anyone else may make any copies of any of the recordings on this work, except as may be designated to a single stand alone workstation for the purpose of specific audio and/or visual synchronization at your own facility. Transfer, copying or duplication of the work in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited unless specifically authorized in writing by The Recordist. *** Transfer of one or more sounds to any format allowing network or remote access by two or more end users requires a multi-user License. Contact The Recordist for details. In the event of a breach of these terms, action may be taken against you directly by the owner of the copyright.