What is multi-user sound effects licensing?
Purchasing a multi-user license will allow you to use the sound effects on more than one workstation and by more than one person. A multi-user license is also know as a “network” or “site” license. When you purchase one of our sound effects collections you are actually purchasing a license for a single user, this is the standard license. You are purchasing the legal right to use The Recordist sound effects collections for a single user.
This is modeled after the software industry, where if you buy a piece of software for your entire company to use, you must obtain licenses to cover each user.
If you have more than one user who plans to use or has access to the sound effects you are licensing, it will require a multi-user license. Multi-user licensing is not at all complicated. Once you figure out how many users will be accessing the sound effects collections you would like to purchase, Contact The Recordist to set up a custom multi-user license package for you and your company.
Any person who accesses and uses any or all the sound effects from a collection is considered a user. If you’ll be consistently working on projects in conjunction with other users you will need a multi-user license for your facility.
If you are going to be the only person who is going to be working with the sound effects then a single-user license is right for you. If you have 2+ users or require networked access to our sound effects libraries, you will need to obtain a special multi-user license not covered in our standard single user EULA.
The Recordist does not require usage reporting with any of its sound effects libraries.
The Recordist SFX Multi-User Licensing Overview:
The Recordist sound effects libraries require organizations with multiple users to be properly licensed and pay additional installation and usage fees. The Recordist does maintain a licensing fee structure to account for various multi-user configurations. This fee is a one time purchase. The are no yearly fees. If you require more seats in the future you simply purchase more copies of the product(s) at the desired discount rate.The Recordist SFX specifically allows for one copy of our sound effects libraries to be made onto Server, Hard Drive or other storage medium that can be accessed by no more than one (1) workstations at a time. Sounds that are copied to Server, Hard Drive or other storage medium are to be used specifically for the purposes of synchronizing the audio with audio and/or visual productions or applications.
BASIC CONDITIONS FOR SINGLE USER:
- The Main Site must own copies of all the The Recordist downloadable sound effects products that are to be copied to hard disk.
- The Main Site is entitled to up to 1 onsite workstation with no multi user license fee required.
- No Remote Sites may have access to The Recordist products or sound effects unless a multi-user license is purchased.
BASIC CONDITIONS FOR MULTI-USER:
- All workstations are located within the same address as the Main Location. All workstations accessing the network must be doing work that is directly related to the main business being conducted by Licensee.
- The Main Site must own physical copies of all the The Recordist SFX products that are to be copied to Server, Hard Drive or other storage medium.
- The Main Site is entitled to the number of onsite workstations specified in the final agreement.
- No Remote Sites may have access to The Recordist SFX products or sounds unless specified in the final agreement.
- Main Site: The primary location or physical address of the Licensee, at which the hard disk or other storage medium is housed.
- Remote Site: A different postal address than the Main Site.
Copyright laws, international copyright treaties, and intellectual property laws protect The Recordist Sound Effects. Copyright infringement is a serious offense. The Recordist protects its copyrights by all necessary means, including legal action.